From WICSA Conference Wiki
Please consider the following points when discussing and preparing your results.
- Prepare an "elevator speech" for your topic: How would you describe the topic in a few sentences? Why is it important? Why should we spend effort on it? The description should be clear and compelling.
- Define the technology/practice gap: What are the needs from industry, what is the current state-of-practice in industry, and what is the current state in research?
- What do you think are the main problems/gaps?
- Discuss possible solutions.
- Priortize/weight the problems/gaps - according to relevance, timeline (what would you like to see addressed next?), size of gap (how close are we to a solution?), and everything else that you think is relevant.
- Other major issues
- Do you know about related work that is relevant from the discussed topic?